Preseason Gameday Thread - Seahawks vs Vikings 8.28.10

Re: Preseason Gameday Thread - Seahawks vs Vikings 8.28.10

Postby DrBlood » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Alright Pete, you've got enough game film, send in Whitehurst.
"A lot of times I couldn't hear anything. I was right next to Eli, and I couldn't hear him…. This is the loudest it's been, and there's nothing you can say, nothing you can do."
DrBlood
Family
Family

Postby Shadowhawk » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:06 pm

DrBlood wrote:If the offense can't move the ball, the D can't get any rest. That's what killed us last season (that, and giving up cheap scores). Other than that, Jon Ryan's looking pretty good out there.

But is not all on the offense. Minnesota didn't punt the ball once in the first half. The defense had plenty of opportunities on third down to get off the field and they couldn't do it.
"I just hope to win, boss"--Marshawn Lynch
Shadowhawk
SeahawkSal.com Staff/Moderator
SeahawkSal.com Staff/Moderator

Postby SeahawkSal » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Maybe I'm a little late to the man-crush party, but put me down for some preseason love to Tyjuan Hagler.
“I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” - Winston Churchill
SeahawkSal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DrBlood » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Star of the game was definitely Earl Thomas, not just for the interception return for a TD, but for the ball-loosening stick on that 3rd down play. I'm still amazed we were able to draft him.
"A lot of times I couldn't hear anything. I was right next to Eli, and I couldn't hear him…. This is the loudest it's been, and there's nothing you can say, nothing you can do."
DrBlood
Family
Family

Postby SeahawkSal » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Anybody know what happened to Curry? They showed him walking into the locker room during the fourth quarter.

I have to admit, he hasn't shown much so far and I thought he would play better with Lofa back in the lineup. He really needs to step it up and let's hope he wasn't hurt too badly tonight.
“I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” - Winston Churchill
SeahawkSal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DrBlood » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:19 am

Unsung hero of the game: Mansfield Wrotto. Here I was, worried about Jared Allen killing Matt Hasselbeck and our season, and he never gets near enough to him to do any harm, thanks to that left side consisting of Mike Gibson and friggin' Mansfield Wrotto, Liberian schmo. Russell Okung should be worried about losing his starting job.
DrBlood
Family
Family

Postby bigbaldpapahawk » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:02 am

DrBlood wrote:Unsung hero of the game: Mansfield Wrotto. Here I was, worried about Jared Allen killing Matt Hasselbeck and our season, and he never gets near enough to him to do any harm, thanks to that left side consisting of Mike Gibson and friggin' Mansfield Wrotto, Liberian schmo. Russell Okung should be worried about losing his starting job.

I don't think Okung is worried about losing it yet. At $30 mil you know he will be the starter when he is ready to return. It was great though to see some of those guys step up and fill that spot VERY effectively. They did great last night.
bigbaldpapahawk
Family
Family

Previous

Return to 2010 Season