Preseason Gameday Thread - Seahawks vs Titans 8.14.10

Preseason Gameday Thread - Seahawks vs Titans 8.14.10

Postby SeahawkSal » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Please post all in-game content here.

“I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” - Winston Churchill
SeahawkSal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Preseason Gameday Thread - Seahawks vs Titans 8.14.10

Postby SeahawkSal » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:25 pm

I know its only the first preseason game, but I'm looking forward to seeing how Carroll and his staff handle this team.

After last year's Dead-Air-Stare moron running the show, I'll take just about anything at this point.

“I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” - Winston Churchill
SeahawkSal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ChiTownHawk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Should actually be an interesting preseason. I'm looking forward to getting a look at Mike Williams to see if its all camp hype or if this (hopefully former) epic bust can contribute. Also interested to see Ricky Foley go up against some NFL competition and get a look at our D with this elephant position. And who the hell is going to run the ball?

My beers are cold. I'm ready to go...
CHEERS!
ChiTownHawk
Hitman
Hitman

Postby PhotoHawk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:29 pm

remember, last year, we went 4-0 for pre season! Pre season doesn't mean a thing!

INT!!!!!!
PhotoHawk
Family
Family

Postby SeahawkSaint » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Half Time...

The D-line looked good. We actually had pressure there for a little bit! Red was solid, vickerson and clemons looked good too.

O Line is still a little shakey but Okung looked good. Locklear... not so much...

Receivers... Didn't see much. Mike Williams looked awesome.

Hasselbeck looked healthy. Chaz Whitewhurst didn't look to bad until he threw the INT but that looked like Mikes fault...

Now for the second half to see all the young bucks...
SeahawkSaint
SeahawkSal.com Donor
SeahawkSal.com Donor

Postby bigbaldpapahawk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:21 am

Most importantly, no big injuries. Secondly, a win even in pre-season is great. Carroll looked to have control of this team tonight. I hope that carries on.

Also, Charlie Whitehurst? Great night for that guy.
bigbaldpapahawk
Family
Family

Postby emerginghawk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:40 am

After seeing how the team just quit last year, it was great to see the team compete and play well, even in a pre-season game.

The D clearly has some holes, but I saw some good plays, especially from Clemmons and Bryant. Walter Thermond is moving well. Vickerson (The DT we traded for on draft day) may a couple nice plays as well. It was nice to see Chancelor end the game with the INT.

On offense, Butler, Tate, Obomanu, and Morrah made some nice plays as well. Running game is still a big concern.

For his first game, Okung, looked good and is on the right track. He looked better then Sean Locklear....

I was quite surprised with the play of Charlie Whitehurst. He looked solid and was the best QB on the field tonight (yea, just a pre-season game). Most impressive was how he checked down and adjusted the play prior to the snap on the TD pass to Williams.
emerginghawk
Family
Family

Postby Salexander37 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 am

The one thing my wife and I noticed is the way the Hawks were flying around the field. It has been awhile since we had guys who were ball hawking and chasing down plays where they actually caught the guy. Parker in the SB still sticks in my craw that "everyone" gave up when he passed them. Granted no one may have caught him, but it would have been nice to see effort.

Bryant said after the game that the first series caught the D off guard, but that they all got their wits about them. It is good to get these kind of games out of the way now. With our O line playing together more they will get the zone blocking down, but this is the first "true" game they have used it. We do however need a power back. Cant run every play to the outside. Ganther impressed me with just effort, and big Mike Williams will be a great asset to us considering we got him for nothing more than a try out. Cheap and seems to have the desire to make his life better.

All in all...good hustle and effort for the first pre-season game. Gonna be tough to make cuts, dont want to be Pete come cut day.
Salexander37
SeahawkSal.com Donor
SeahawkSal.com Donor

Postby NYSeahawker » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:02 am

promising... very promising

have to feel pretty good after watching last night's game... not about to book a hotel room in Dallas for early February, but there's reason to be hopeful this year.

Mike Williams could and should be a big factor for the offense this year. With his size he could be real difference maker! Whitehurst looked pretty darn good too.

It's only the first preseason game, and we all know how great they looked in preseason last year.. and what followed after that.

Most importantly..nobody got hurt, a lot of the rookies and new guys got a lot of playing time and made enough plays to win the game... up next, the Vikings!!
You like apples? Seahawks 43 Broncos 8... How about them apples!
NYSeahawker
2010 & 2014 Survival Football Champion
2010 & 2014 Survival Football Champion

Postby ChiTownHawk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:19 am

All preseaon performances I take with a grain of salt, but I liked what I saw out of Charlie Whitehurst last night. Of course, he was also Mr. Preseason in SD as well.

I was pretty impressed with Matt McCoy's play. I had to look the guy up. Feels a little strange having to learn about the guys on our team at this point. Given Hill's salary, his off the field issues, his injuries and the level of his play when he has been on the field, I'm starting to think that given McCoy, Hawthorne, and now Herring seemingly stepping up, the team doesn't really lose a ton of value if Hill gets the boot. If the front office can get something for him, I say deal him.

I may rewatch the 4th qtr to take a better look at him, but didn't see Ricky Foley do much. I'm rooting for this guy to make the roster.

First team defense (I know Tatupu, Hill and a few others were out) looked absolutely lost out there on the Titans' opening drive. After watching this team start slow year after year after year, this was not a good sign. Vince Young picked the secondary apart and there was zero pass rush. F minus. Then I thought the goal line stand was pretty nice and even on the play where Johnson got it across, they put up a good fight against the league's best. Not sure why it took the D getting embarassed to get them to play. After that it was like watching a different team. I don't know how much of it was our D-line, or Tennessee's O-line, but it was nice to see some pressure. Also, Chris Simms is just not a good QB.

I know it was 4th qtr of preseason game 1, but Kam Chancellor seemed to be playing at a higher level than everyone else on the field at that point. I'll take that for what it is. So far, he looks like a guy that can contribute.

I felt Seahawks nation's collective "Oh, shit!" when Okung came up limpy. Thankfully it was nothing.

Mike Williams: so far, so good. I didn't like the move bringing either of the Williams WR's into camp, and I was glad when one got the boot. I'm happy that Mike Williams is so far proving me wrong.

What was up with Curry's high white socks?
ChiTownHawk
Hitman
Hitman

Return to 2010 Season